APPLICATION FOR THE INNOVATE CARE 2020 HEALTH AND AGING PITCH COMPETITION
Submit application by Tuesday, Sept. 22nd
Email submissions to email@example.com
Eligibility to apply:
Must have a product or service which addresses the Aging and/or Health market segment that is: (1) In the development stage OR (2) In market for less than 24 months.
Judging Process and Criteria will be assessed in 2 stages
- Stage 1 will include a review of all submitted applications. The applications will be reviewed by members of the Aging2-Halifax Committee who will then select 5 companies to move on to Stage 2.
- These 5 companies will be notified by email by September 25th.
- Stage 2 will be a virtual pitch competition held by Aging2-Halifax on September 30th. The winner will be selected by a judging panel and the winning team will be awarded a cash prize at the virtual conference and will be publicized internationally through the 125 Aging2.0 Chapters.
- All 5 finalists will have their pitches shown at the conference on October 5th.
- Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Value to the sector/potential impact
- Feasibility of implement
- Strength of overall pitch
In Your Submission, Please Provide:
Relevant information in summary form (maximum 3 pages) including:
1. Problem you are addressing,
2. Solution you are proposing,
3. Details of your solution,
4. Team members and relevant expertise,
5. Market potential and competition,
6. Product pricing and cost information and
7. Current stage of development (MVP created, In market, etc.). Feel free to enclose links to additional, relevant information (website, video, etc.). If appropriate, in the email, attach a photo of your product or service for use in our conference promotional material.
Application Submission Date Submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the application close date of Tuesday, September 22nd.
Helpful Tips for Your Application
- Ensure your answers are clear and concise, and address all 7 required points.
- If you wish to include supplementary information, attach all additional material to the email with your application.
- The individual sending the application should be the primary contact.
Stage 2 Virtual Pitch Details and Format Pitch date: Wednesday, Sept 30th, 2:15-3:15 p.m (60 minutes) via Virtual Platform (Zoom)
- There will be a 5 minute welcome followed by each of the 5 companies that advance to Stage 2 presenting a 5 minute pitch.
- The pitch should cover all of the points identified in the application requirements.
- Each pitch will be followed by a 3-minute question period for a total of 8 minutes per pitch.
- At the end of the 5 pitches (total 40 minutes), the judges will have 15 minutes to evaluate the 5 pitches and identify the competition winner.
- The winner will be announced at the end of the hour.